Slenderbread is a new magazine that serves to support and inspire upcoming and accomplished models by providing them with relatable stories, high-quality industry information, and current trends in beauty, fashion and well-being.
When Slenderbread magazine asked me to develop a recipe for them I got really excited. Their mission to encourage models to be healthy is right up my alley! Check out their website for more info: www.slenderbreadmag.com.
I created this winter salad to celebrate some of my favorite winter vegetables. This nutrient-dense salad is an excellent low-calorie source of vitamins, minerals and fiber. It will keep you energized and healthy during this cold season! And yes, it keeps you slim too 😉
I love the refreshing lemon/maple syrup dressing combined with the creamy goat cheese. The pomegranate seeds and red cabbage deliver a delicious crunch to this salad and the hazelnuts add that winter warm feeling.
- 3 cups kale, finely chopped
- 1 cup red cabbage, thinly sliced
- ½ cup hazelnuts
- ½ cup pomegranate seeds
- 2 oz goat cheese
- A squeeze of Agave nectar
- 1/3 cup lemon juice (1-2 lemons)
- 1 tbsp + 1 tsp maple syrup
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 3/4 tsp salt
- First remove the tough stems and center ribs of the kale. Chop the kale very fine. (the finer, the softer the kale becomes)
- Then thinly slice the red cabbage and toss the kale and cabbage together in a large bowl.
- For the dressing: stir together lemon juice, maple syrup, olive oil and salt.
- Drizzle the dressing over the kale and cabbage and toss to coat.
- You most likely won’t be using all the dressing. It’s best to start with a little dressing, then taste it and add more if you desire.
- Chop the goat cheese in small bits and place them in the center of the salad. Squeeze a little agave nectar on the goat cheese.
- Last but not least, sprinkle the hazelnuts and pomegranate seeds all over the salad.
- Your salad is ready to be served! Enjoy!