When I work on new recipes my goal is to create the most delicious and nutritious meals, snacks and desserts.
I challenge myself to only use ingredients that empower my body and that whatever I create has to taste equal or better when compared to the less healthy or even unhealthy version.
I never compromise on flavor; the Raw Mango Cheesecake is a good example of that.
Instead of whipping up cream cheese, butter and sugar to make a traditional cheesecake I use fruit, nuts and agave nectar.
This “healthy” cheesecake is a favorite among my friends and when I tell them what’s in it they can hardly believe it. When I see them enjoy their guilt-free dessert with a smile on their face, I know I’ve achieved my goal
Indulge without the bulge!
- 1 cup macadamia nuts
- 1 cup almonds
- ½ cup pitted dates
- 1 or 2 tsp coconut oil (optional)
- 2 cups cashews (soaked in water for an hour)
- 2 peeled lemons
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- ¾ cup agave
- 16 oz frozen mango
- Put the macadamia nuts, almonds and dates in a food processor (or powerful blender) Blend until it’s a thick mixture that binds together.
- If it’s not binding well (depending on the freshness of the dates) add 1 or 2 teaspoons of coconut oil.
- Remove mixture from the blender and pat down into a loaf or pie dish.
- Place in the freezer to set.
- Place all ingredients in the food processor and blend until smooth.
- Evenly spread the mixture on top of the crust.
- Place it into the freezer to set.
- Blend the mango in the food processor until a thick ice cream like consistency is formed.
- When the crust and cheese are firm you can add this top layer to the cheesecake. Use a spatula to smooth it out. (Tip: dip the spatula in hot water)
- Put it back in the freezer for about 40 min.
- Cut the mango cheesecake in small pieces and serve, let it thaw completely and serve.
- It’s a dense cake, a small piece will fill you up!
- When you put the leftover back in the freezer it will be completely frozen next time you take it out. It only takes 5-10 min to defrost, so when you are ready for your next piece keep that in mind.