Gorgeous New York based fashion model Sandrina Bencomo shares her mouth-watering quinoa pancakes recipe!
Blueberry Quinoa Pancakes
Write a review
- White Quinoa 2 cups
- Skim Milk 2 ¼ cups
- Flax Seed ¾ cup
- Pure Vanilla Extract 5 tsp
- Corn Flour ½ cup
- Cinnamon half a stick*
- Bananas 3
- Blueberries 8 per pancake
- Raw Almonds 9 almonds (grinded)
- Coconut flakes add to taste
- Non-Stick Cooking Spray
- *1/2 cinnamon stick = ¼ tsp ground cinnamon
- (blueberries can be substituted with raspberries, pomegranate seeds etc
- Cook the white pre-washed Quinoa as instructed in the box. (I use Roland White Pre-washed Quinoa)
- Pour 2 ¼ cups of skim milk, ¾ cup of flax Seed 5 tsp of pure vanilla extract, half a stick of fresh cinnamon and ½ of corn flour into you blender (I use the Vitamix)
- In a mixing bowl, smash 3 bananas with a tiny splash of skim milk until it is purée but still with chunks.
- Add the Quinoa to the blender, then blend until fully puréed.
- Grease a baking tray with non- stick cooking spray and divide the mix, forming 6 small pancakes. (It’s best to make them small and thin because quinoa is very sticky and heavy and if they are too big it will be hard to keep them intact)
- Place the mashed bananas, the ground almonds and dried coconut shredding on top of the mixture
- Finally, add 8 blueberries to each pancake , pushing them into the pancakes so they are properly set.
- Press all the ingredients down into the pancakes, making them as flat as possible so they can cook evenly, bake for 25 minutes and you’ll have a delicious and very nutritional stack of pancakes.
Models Do Eat http://jilldejong.com/