I like to treat every morning like a weekend morning by creating some extra time to prepare and enjoy my breakfast. No need to rush out of the house without breakfast or to pick-up an unhealthy breakfast sandwich someplace when I can make this delicious and nutritious spinach/egg scramble for myself in 10 minutes.
Today I started my day with two eggs and a little more than two cups of vegetables and while writing this I feel satisfied and energized. I actually just decided to go wakeboarding with my friends this afternoon to work up an appetite to create some new recipes! 😉
I love my life and being a food blogger! LOL
- 1-2 tbsp olive oil
- ¼ cup yellow onion, chopped
- ½ cup crimini mushrooms, chopped
- 1½ cup baby spinach
- 2 eggs
- ½ tbsp shredded cheese
- 1 slice whole-wheat bread
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Optional: ketchup + mayo/veganaise
- Heat up a skillet with olive oil over medium/high heat.
- Stir in the onion and mushrooms first and keep stirring, then add the spinach.
- When the onion is translucent, the mushroom browned and the spinach shrunken its time to put in the eggs. (It’s best to crack the eggs in a small bowl, just in case a piece of eggshell falls in)
- Stir the eggs in and keep stirring until the egg is drying up.
- Toast a slice of bread and spread a thin layer of ketchup and mayo/veganaise on it.
- Place the scramble on the bread and top it of with some shredded cheese and a little salt and pepper to taste.
- A very good morning to you!