Start your day by fueling your body with this yummy, healthy and nutritious breakfast and you’ll go to work with a smile on your face! Breakfast is the most important meal of the day, so why not make it the most delicious meal at the same time? When I created this new recipe I organized a “food casting” for ingredients, I checked the fridge and kitchen cabinets and I judged each ingredient by its look but also by their unique properties/talents. Only ingredients that have the “X” factor were selected to be part of my new creation 😉 Pineapple definitely has the “X” factor for me, as it’s sweet, juicy, delicious and loaded with important vitamins and minerals. I choose greek yoghurt not just for it’s yummy taste, but also because it has twice as much protein as regular yogurt; great building blocks for your day. The chia seeds that I sprinkle on top are rich in omega-3 fatty acids and maple syrup, on top of being a great sweetener is also an antioxidant.
This recipe is featured in the latest issue of Slenderbread magazine! www.slenderbreadmag.com
- ½ cup Greek yogurt
- ½ cup Pineapple chunks
- ½ tbsp Maple syrup
- ½ tbps Orange juice (fresh)
- 1 tsp Chia seeds
- A few small mint leafs
- Put the yogurt in a bowl and mix in the maple syrup.
- Put the pineapple chunks in a glass and poor the orange juice over them.
- Place the pineapple on top of the yogurt and sprinkle with some cinnamon.
- Top each serving with chia seeds and a few small mint leaves
- Enjoy and have an awesome day!