I’m very picky when it comes to peanut sauce, I like it thick but still a bit runny, and I’m looking for a perfect balance of sweet and salty. I’m pretty confident about my tastebuds interpretation of what’s good and what’s not but I always ask for second opinions. Luckily my friend Eleonora gladly volunteers to test and taste many of the recipes I make. She’s very honest, not easy to please and always has an appetite; I love this girl!
Needless to say, we went through a lot of peanut butter, coconut milk and “this is almost it” moments. I knew when we discovered the perfect formula when I saw Eleonora cleaning the plate with her tongue! LOL
I say; fire up the grill and make yourself some chicken skewers! Or if you’re vegetarian: dip your veggies in it!
- 1 cup coconut milk (full fat)
- ¼ cup creamy peanut butter (unsweetened &unsalted)
- 2 tsp soy sauce
- 1 tsp agave
- 1 tsp red chili paste
- Pinch of sea salt
- Poor the coconut milk in sauce pan over medium/high heat.
- When it starts boiling, bring the heat down and stir in the peanut butter, soy sauce, agave and chili paste.
- Add a pinch of sea salt and taste it. If needed add a little more salt.
- Ready to be served! Yeah! ☺