I had just settled in for an easy night at home after a busy day when I realized that I still needed to eat. I didn’t feel like going out to buy groceries and decided to challenge myself a bit. The challenge was to make a quick and healthy dish with whatever I could find in my kitchen.
I discovered some frozen peas in back of the freezer section and moments later I found a can of tuna, some garlic and half a pack of gluten free pasta in the pantry. A great start…..if I only had some cheese…Bingo! I found a beautiful little piece of Parmesan cheese, hiding behind a jar of mayonnaise. YAY! About 15 minutes later I was eating healthy and o-so-good pasta!
There are certain basics that are always great to keep in your pantry and pasta and a can of tuna are a perfect example. I like De Boles Gluten Free rice penne, it’s light and easy to digest.
- ¾ cup pasta
- 1 cup frozen peas
- ½ can tuna (in water)
- 2 cloves garlic
- Some Parmesan cheese
- Olive oil
- Salt & pepper
- Bring water to a boil for the pasta, add pasta and follow directions on package.
- While the pasta is cooking heat a frying pan with some olive oil (1-2 tbsp), throw in the frozen peas and add the garlic (use a garlic press)
- Move it around for 4 minutes over medium-high heat.
- When the pasta is ready, drain and transfer to the frying pan.
- Stir in half a can of tuna and keep stirring for another minute or two.
- Sprinkle some olive oil over this dish, season with salt & pepper and finish it with Parmesan shavings!
- Bon appetito!