Eating lots of raw foods is super healthy and it makes me feel energized. I try to eat something raw with every meal. In the morning some fruit, in the afternoon a veggie juice or a salad and for dinner…I find it more challenging. Some veggies like carrots, spinach, arugula, tomato’s etc are easy to eat raw but other veggies like sprouts, cabbage and cauliflower are a bit challenging. Luckily I like challenges, I lock myself up in the kitchen and don’t come out before I get the satisfying flavor I’m looking for 😉
I knew how to stir-fry and cook red cabbage but how about making a raw red cabbage salad? I have to admit it didn’t make my mouth water… until I mixed in a citrus dressing and added mint, orange and goat cheese. What a transformation!! I made it several times now and my friends love it. It’s “MDE approved” and it’s time to share this with you!
If you have raw recipes that you like to share with me, please do!
- 2 cups thinly sliced red cabbage
- 1 large orange, chop in ½ inch pieces
- 1-2 tbsp goat cheese, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp chopped fresh mint
- ¼ cup fresh orange juice
- 1 tsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 tbsp lemon
- Put the red cabbage in a bowl and toss it with the dressing.
- Sprinkle the goat cheese & chopped mint over the red cabbage and place the pieces of orange on top.