This morning I made Orange honey yogurt with flaxseed and cinnamon for breakfast…..what a yummy start of my day! Most ready-made fruit yogurts in the supermarket tend to be high in added sugar and preservatives, compromising the overall nutritional value. The picture on the packiging often looks promising but when looking at the ingredients I’ll pass. I like fruit yoghurt for breakfast or have it as a snack, so I usually purchase plain yogurt and add my own flavor.
Today I mixed my freshly squeezed orange juice with 2% Greek yogurt. I sweetened it with honey (great antioxidant) instead of sugar and added flaxseed and a little bit of cinnamon.
TIP: It’s a great idea to always have a bag of ground Flaxseed in your kitchen. Flaxseed is a perfect non-animal source of Omega-3 fatty acids and mixes great with dough for baked goods, pancakes, smoothies etc.
It only took me five minutes to make a breakfast that will last me until lunch.
Try this yummy breakfast and let me know if you like it!
- 1 cup 2% greek yogurt
- ¼ cup freshly squeezed orange juice
- 1 tbsp honey
- 1 tbsp ground flaxseed
- Poor the yogurt in a bowl, stir in the orange juice until it has a smooth consistency.
- Add the honey; start with a little less than a tablespoon, sample it and mix in a little more until you find your "sweet' spot.
- MIx in the flaxseed and sprinkle some cinnamon on top.
- A very good morning to you! :)