Beautiful skin reflects health to me and I think good nutrition is key in keeping my skin healthy.This fruity salad is super refreshing and all the ingredients make your skin very happy!
- Oranges and grapefruits are a great source of Vitamin C which is known to improve skin texture and color. They help restore collagen in our body, which is responsible for skin firming and prevents early aging.
- Grapefruit also contains a phytochemical known as naringin. Naringin reduces toxins in the liver which results in healthier skin.
- Spinach is packed with water, iron, magnesium, vitamin C, vitamin A and other nutrients that make your skin look and feel its best.
This salad is a great appetizer or if you like a light lunch or dinner. When I eat it for lunch or dinner I double the portion.
Skin Enhancer Salad
Write a review
- 2 oranges, medium size
- ½ orange (for juice)
- 1 grapefruit, medium size
- 1 avocado
- 6 cups spinach leaves (rinsed & dried)
- 4 tbsp red onion
- 4 tbsp pine nuts
- A drizzle olive oil and a dash salt.
- Put the spinach in a bowl and drizzle olive oil and fresh orange juice over the leaves.
- Spread the spinach evenly on a plate
- Peel the orange, grapefruit and avocado. Cut them in slices and place them on the spinach. Sprinkle some salt on the avocado pieces.
- Thinly slice the red union and divide it over the salad.
- Top it off with toasted pine nuts.
- It’s best to toast pine nuts in a dry skillet over medium heat. Shake the skillet frequently to ensure even browning.
Models Do Eat http://jilldejong.com/