Are you a sweet tooth like me, and can’t live without dessert? You’ll love this:
COCONUT BERRY PANNA COTTA
Normally panna cotta is loaded with heavy whip and sugar, but not this “model approved” version 😉 I used agave instead and created a “heavy whip” feel to this by blending the coconut mixture in powerful blender!
- ½ cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- 1 can coconut milk (15 ounces)
- ¼ cup agave
- ½ vanilla bean
- 2 teaspoon agar agar
- 2 tablespoons cold water
- Berry topping;
- 1 cup frozen berries of your choice (or mixed)
- 1 tbsp lemon
- 1 tsp agave
- Heat a skillet, add the shredded coconut and stir it frequently until it’s golden. Set aside.
- Mix the agar agar with the water, stir well and set aside.
- Poor the coconut milk in a saucepan. Add the agave, toasted coconut and vanilla bean and bring to a boil.
- Stir in the agar agar mixture and continue to boil for one minute.
- Transfer the mixture to a heatproof blender (I use a vitamix)
- And blend for 20-30 seconds.
- Refrigerate for about 3 hours or until set.
- Put all ingredients in a blender and blend until smooth.
- Top the panna cotta with a tablespoon (or two) of the berry blend and garnish with a few whole frozen berries.