This is the perfect pick-me-up soup for a dark and rainy day! It warms you up and makes you feel soooo good. And it only takes 30 minutes to make. Enjoy!
Curried Carrot Soup with Roasted Pistachios
Write a review
- 2 Tbs. olive oil
- 1 20-oz. pkg. grated carrots (8 cups)
- 2 large leeks, light green and white parts thinly sliced (2 cups)
- ¼ tsp. plus ⅛ tsp. baking soda
- ½ tsp. vadouvan spice or curry powder
- ¼ cup roasted shelled pistachios, chopped
- Heat oil in large pot over medium-high heat. Add carrots, leeks, and baking soda.
- Cover, and cook 15 minutes, stirring occasionally, or until vegetables are tender and browned in spots.
- Stir in vadouvan spice, and cook 30 seconds. Add 4 cups water, and bring to a simmer.
- Remove from heat, purée with immersion blender, and season with salt, if desired.
- Serve sprinkled with pistachios.
Models Do Eat http://jilldejong.com/