The last couple of days I was looking for something to substitute my lunch sandwich, something substantial, healthy and super tasty. I had given it much thought and when I was going to give it a try I knew exactly what I wanted and voila; the perfect recipe in one try!
These cucumber tuna boats are refreshing and delicious; they have a great crunch and are so flavorful!
I devoured three of them in the past 24 hours LOL. I had two cucumbers, which makes four boats; and had my South African friend Morne test one for me. I got the thumbs up!
- 1 small cucumber
- 1 can tuna (in water)
- 2 tbsp + 1tsp vegenaisse
- 1/3 cup red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 tbsp red union, finely chopped
- 2 tbsp celery, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp pine nuts
- salt and pepper
- Slice the cucumber in half lengthwise
- Scrape out the seeds with a spoon to create space for the filling
- Drain the tuna and put it in a bowl
- Mix the vegenaisse, pepper, union, celery and pine nuts.
- Season it with salt and pepper to taste
- This could also be a great appetizer, just cut the boat up in bite size pieces!