Trade your oatmeal for something more exotic! This breakfast is not only super tasty but also highly nutritious. You will be unstoppable for the rest of the day. Quinoa is known to be a superfood and you know what they say; ” you are what you eat!”
Don’t let the 20 minute cooking time intimidate you; I know your time is precious in the morning. When you let it simmer you can shower and get dressed (Maybe take the lid of to avoid spillage) Just stir it once or twice when you pass by the stove 😉
Have a fantastic day!
- 1/2 cup quinoa
- 1/2 cup coconut milk (can)
- 1/2 cup milk/milk alternative ( I use organic soy milk)
- Frozen berries of your choice
- Raw honey
- Place quinoa and liquids in a medium saucepan
- Bring to a boil, reduce to simmer, cover and cook until liquid is absorbed and germ has spiraled out, about 20 min.
- Stir in the frozen berries and sweeten if needed with some raw honey.
- Even thought this recipe is for two servings, if you're making breakfast just for yourself I would still recommend making the two servings; stick the other serving in the fridge and heat it up the next day. Just add a little liquid ( milk/coconut milk)