By Bailee Roberts www.themodelfoodie.com
A sponsopered cycle ride over the weekend has resulted in sore bottoms, achy muscles, good memories and a lot of leftover bananas. A lot! We completely over catered on the snack front. What does one do with so many bananas?
Make silly banana selfies? OR
Instead, time is better spent making seriously tasty banana bread, which is completely delicious and totally healthy. This one comes directly from Harry Eastwood’s Red Velvet & Chocolate Heartache, except for using coconut sugar. It’s such a fabulous book for anyone, like me, who loves a pastry or cake, but is searching for a few healthier versions of baked treats.
Cinnamon Banana Bread
Write a review
- 140g banana (2 medium or one really large)
- 2 medium free-range eggs
- 140g golden coconut sugar
- 150g courgettes/zucchinis (roughly 2), finely grated
- 150g rice flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp mixed spice
- 25g finely chopped pecans
- Preheat the oven to 180C/350F/gas 4. Brush the inside of a loaf tin (the recipe recommends 19cm x 12cm x 8cm, but mine was slightly longer) with some vegetable oil
- Mash the banana thoroughly
- Whisk the eggs and sugar for a full 3 mins until pale and light. Whisk in the mashed-up banana until completely incorporated, then add the courgette and beat again.
- Add the flour, baking powder, salt, vanilla extract, cinnamon and mixed spice, and whisk again until completely blended.
- Mix in most of the Brazil nuts and pecans and pour the mixture into the prepared tin. Sprinkle the remaining nuts over the top and bake in the middle of the oven for 45 min.
- Remove the cake from the oven and leave it to cool in the tin for 10 minutes.
Models Do Eat http://jilldejong.com/