Look what I found in my fruit basket this morning!
This exotic fruit is known to grow in the dark. When ripe, this fruit has to be harvested early in the morning before the little birds sneak into the fields to get their fix.
I have to admit that I was that little bird this morning!
I was having so much fun in the kitchen last night rolling these chocolate delights. After a night in the fridge to harden, the first thing I wanted to know when I woke up was how my Goji berry/raisin coconut chocolate balls turned out? I walked straight from my bed to the fridge and OMG it’s seriously ridiculous how delicious these are. My mouth starts watering again just by writing about it. I think these chocolate “fruit” balls are a great fit for a homemade fruit basket but I might not categorize them as breakfast……although I’d love to
- ½ cup shredded unsweetened coconut
- ½ cup raisins
- ½ cup organic chocolate chips (semi sweet 49% cacao)
- ¼ cup goji berries
- 5 dates
- 3 tbsp coconut oil
- 1 tbsp slivered almonds
- Put all ingredients in a food processor or powerful blender and blend until it has a smooth consistency.
- Use a spatula to get the mixture out and start forming balls.
- I made 12 large balls, but you can make them any size you like.
- Refrigerate for an hour or two, when they’re hard and cold it’s time to melt one in your mouth! ☺