It’s Vegan Friday! I really enjoy cooking Vegan as I find most recipes inventive and inspiring. This time I made Krysten Jorgensen’s cauliflower rice with RAW cashew cheese. Wow…..both me and my taste buds are Impressed (while on fire)
This super healthy dish is so tasty and OMG, the cashew cheese is insane! One of the hardest things to give up being Vegan must be cheese, but this truly is a great replacement, and just to remind you….I’m Dutch!
I was surprised that hours after this delicious meal I still did not feel hungry. Later I found out why; the recipe was for two persons and I ate it all by myself! LOL!
Tip: There’s a LOT of garlic in this dish, so share it with the person you’re spending your day or evening with 😉
Thanks for sharing this great recipe with MDE Krysten!
This recipe is for two people:
- ½ head cauliflower
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- ¼ cup cilantro, chopped
- 2 tbsp lime juice
- 3 tsp paprika
- Pinch of sea salt
- Cayenne pepper to taste
- Cut off cauliflower bottom and remove leaves.
- Cut in half, separate the florets.
- Pulse cauliflower in food processor until it's the consistency of rice. (Don't pulse too much or you'll end up with cauliflower mush)
- Spray saute pan.
- Place cauliflower rice in pan and add the garlic, cilantro, lime juice, salt, cayenne pepper and paprika
- Cook on low heat until all the seasonings are mixed and the rice is cooked. About 3-5 minutes.
- I topped mine with black beans, red onions, avocado and cashew cheese
- 1 cup raw cashews
- 1 tsp salt
- 1-2 tbsp lemon juice
- 2-3 cloves garlic
- 1 tsp cumin
- *black pepper and cayenne pepper to taste
- Put all ingredients in a food processor and blend until smooth.
- Add 1/4 cup water, blend well and see if you like hat consistency. If you like it thinner just add a little more water.
- Enjoy !