German model and actress Nadia Dassouki, shares her healthy almond flax cake recipe with Models Do Eat!
Nadia got bitten by the acting bug after shooting two Avon commercials. She started attending acting classes and shooting lots of shorts and indie films. This active and versatile beauty resides in LA where she enjoys going hiking, kickboxing, running or doing yoga. Nadia is also passionate about writing and drawing and loves a good sushi sashimi!
Watch Nadia make this delicious cake! click here.
Follow Nadia on Instagram: @nadiadassouki
Thanks for sharing Nadia!
- 1 cup brown rice flour
- 3/4 cup almond meal
- 3/4 flaxseed meal
- 1/2 cup oat bran
- 3 tsp hemp seeds
- 2 tsp chia seeds
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 tsp baking soda
- 2 tsp groung cinnamon
- 1/2 cup walnuts
- 2 tsp raisins
- 1/3 cup agave nectar
- 3/4 unsweetened apple sauce
- 3/4 unsweetened vanilla rice milk
- 2 1/2 apples, peeled and cut into small pieces
- 2 eggs,beaten
- Mix together rice flour, almond meal, flaxseed meal, oat bran, hemp seeds, chia seeds, salt, baking soda, cinnamon, walnuts and raisins.
- Peel the apples and cut into small pieces. Add the pieces to the mix.
- In a different bowl combine eggs, agave nectar,apple sauce and rice milk.
- Use a mixer to blend it. Pour liquid ingredients into dry ingredients and stir until all is moistened.
- Fill the mix into a 12 1/2x 9 1/2 sheet cake pan and bake at 350F for 35-40.